We are looking for a dynamic and positive mid-weight designer to join our growing team in our mission to accelerate the world’s switch to electric vehicles.
As a mid-weight designer, you will be working alongside our Senior Ui/UX designer and our Head of Design. You will be responsible for creating all of the communications around our software products such as website, marketing campaigns (online and print), event stands, launch events, etc… You will also be expected to assist our Senior Ui/UX designer in designing our software products.
This isn’t only about making things look great, you’ll be expected to constantly bring new ideas, challenge the existing ones, and tirelessly push forward the most creative ways to get our products seen and loved by their users. You will have a well-rounded understanding of design; both online and offline and an aptitude for creative thinking.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4+ years of experience as a Designer either in an agency or in a start-up environment.
We are here to make mobility the solution for a healthier planet. We’re building the software to operate the most reliable, innovative, and easy-to-use charging infrastructure for electric vehicles, so that shifting the world to a greener way of moving will be a simple switch. With our user-centered and design-led approach to creating software we truly believe that we can take our industry by storm and accelerate EV adoption worldwide.
- Champion our brand within and outside our organization
- Deliver and coordinate all design work for both print and digital marketing; working with other team members to ensure this happens is the most effective manner
- Ensure consistent brand look & feel and tone of voice across all touchpoints
- Growing our brand’s visual palette in collaboration with our Head of Design
- Art direction of all brand videos, illustrations, photography
- Although your primary objective will be to own the brand and marketing work, you will also be expected to occasionally lend a hand and collaborate with other creatives in the team to develop the design systems for our products.
- Contributing to the Ui design of our products (alongside our Senior UX/Ui designer)
- Working with our product development team to deliver incredible user experiences. You will also enjoy working with our engineers to create high-quality software based on your designs and own the implementation of your designs.
- You’ll be expected to work closely with our Head of Design and broader product team but there are no ties to one location or time, you’ll be free to shape the way you work to best enable you to deliver your best designs.
- A portfolio that reflects your ability to think creatively and demonstrates your visual design skills as well as your ability to come up with and deliver original ideas.
- Experience of producing and delivering designs for different media.
- Experience with design tools like pen, paper, keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision or Figma and an ability to prioritise choosing the right tool at the right time.
- Experience of art direction (for either brand, photography, film, illustration, or copy) is a must.
- Experience working on digital products is a plus.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- Demonstrate curiosity that goes beyond the fields of digital or graphic design and feeds into your work.
- A deep interest in digital and technology innovation.
- No need to be an intergalactic eco-warrior, but an authentic belief in Switch’s purpose, core values, and ability to succeed is a must.
- A keen interest in future mobility is a plus.
About you as a person
- A go-getter and can-do attitude
- A team player with an open personality, straightforward
- A humble person who takes feedback with grace
- Happy to document your work so that it can be shared and used to elevate the whole team
- Willing to work in a dynamic start-up environment, with a passion for e-mobility and cleantech
- EMI Options scheme
- Home office at least 2 days a week
- 33 holidays (including bank holidays)
- Amazing office space with gym, bar, and terrace at The Ministry
- Please fill out the details, provide your CV and portfolio, and answer the questions below. We ask these questions upfront to ensure a smooth interview experience and in order to focus on other questions at the interview stage. One short paragraph per question is sufficient.
- After reviewing the CV, portfolio, and answers, we'll schedule a 45 min interview with you
- If the first interview goes well, you'll be invited to an interview with more members of the Switch team
- If that second interview goes well, we'll send you an offer and hope you'll join us!